No matter if your relationship is a year or a decade old or you be in head over heels in love with your partner, it will certainly hit a period of little change where it may seem like nothing at all is turning out well and something is lacking.
At times you may even make your mind to part ways, but losing the luster does not mean that you are destined for misery. In lieu, you can refresh your bond when you find things are nothing going smooth.
Here are some tips to help you bring back the spark in your relationship:
1. Give each other some quality time. We tend to take our partners for granted once you realize they will be by the side of you for the rest of your life. But what you are paying no heed to is just being with each other is not how the relationship works, instead, it needs to have some liveliness.
Plan your dates from now on and mark them on your calendar. You can also sprinkle in some exciting activities in between. It will be fun to experience new things together and the magic will happen again as a matter of course.
2. Say goodbye to egos. Keeping grudge and passing each day with is to no purpose. Take a moment to figure out the hiccups that are making you take a back step from adoring your partner again. Stop playing the blame game and instead focus on the part of the relationship that you can control.
Think about what you want from your partner and then ask yourself if you are living up to their expectations. If you are not, keep ego and pride aside and take the first leap toward change.
3. Care about your partner’s needs. Love is undoubtedly is not one-sided. Efforts should be put in to retain love, of course not under compulsion! But, if he/she is a person who you can’t imagine life without, they deserve your attention.
Try to asses your partner's needs. Ask them if they are worn out and see if you can do anything to meet that need. Responding to their needs can help them feel closer to you and in turn, make you feel closer to them.
4. Just talk about everything and anything. With each passing year, the talks, discussions get smaller and that will turn out as the biggest drawback of your relationship.
So find leisure time, grab some wine and talk about anything and everything that comes to mind. It will feel like old times and you will remember how good it was to be able to talk to your partner about things other than your day. You can even set a bedtime so that you both have some time for some intimate conversation in bed.
5. Surprise your partner. Surprises does not have to be extravagant. You can just pack a bag of food and games for a relaxing afternoon in the park or fill up the living room with lit candles. Your partner will surely fall for it, whatever it is because it shows your love. Also, spend your day with activities you used to love doing together.
Create a list of dream vacations you want to take with each other. This might give you both to look forward to and work towards together, and get excited about the future.
By Sowmya Sangam